Business Development Associate - Kaiser Kitchen Beer K.K. APPLY NOW
Our vision is to be the Nr. 5 beer company in Japan by 2030. Our mission is crafting millions of friendships.
Founded in 2014, SCHMATZ grew to 40 stores until today and will expand to 100+ stores by 2025. After serving our delicious beer to >1 million guests annually in our stores, we are now embarking on a new journey: Launching our beer as a FMCG both DTC (digital) and in retail. In this endeavor, growth is our north star. We aim to expand rapidly by building a strong growth team and creating a mission and purpose driven culture. Our goal is to become Japan’s fastest growing DTC business in the next 24 months with the aim to become the 5th largest beer in Japan by 2030. We want to achieve our goals by forming a happy and motivated team of high-performers who are excited to participate in building a consumer brand around what we believe matters: building friendships and creating happiness.
Business Development Associate
Within the next year, we aim to sell our beer in more than 300 on-trade and off-trade locations to maximize our brand equity. The following year, we aim to offer SCHMATZ beer in major retailers to drive brand recognition and sales. Our goal is to create a strong brand that can be expanded throughout the country and become a beer company loved by everyone in Japan. Your role is vital to the success of the business.
You will report directly to the Sales & Relationship Manager and support them in expanding sales activities.
What you will do:
- Play a key role in helping SCHMATZ to become the No.1 German beer brand
- Support all brand recognition activities and deliver exceptional customer satisfaction
- Work with clients and business partners to come up with and implement solutions tailored to their needs and requirements in order to achieve maximum results for all parties involved
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and source new clients by planning and organizing daily work schedules to strengthen (existing) client relationships in order to maximize brand exposure
- Submit daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analysis
- Perform market research by monitoring competitor pricing, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques
- Use market research to recommend improvements in products and services
- Ensure client success by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management
- Grow professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, establishing personal networks, and participating at professional events
- Maintain records on sales territory and customer sales
Who we are looking for:
- A love for our brand and products, and the ability to fully communicate their passion to others
- Excellent communication skills with customers and internal staff as well as the ability to work with a variety of personality types
- Experienced in any sales or wants to acquire a wide range of sales skills with 1-2 years or more of work experience, in one of the following industries is a plus: Food and Beverage, Retail, Hospitality or FMCG
- Able to build trusting, long-term relationships with clients
- Self-motivated and strategic thinker
- Challenge-oriented mindset
- Must be a team player and proactive
- Ability to speak and write fluently in Japanese
- Strong passion for beer is a plus
What we offer:
- A steep learning curve and growth potential within our company
- Bi-annual performance review & annual career planning
- Insight into all departments and experience of rapidly scaling, global FMCG brand
Up for the challenge?
With the SCHMATZ beer brand we are aiming to expand rapidly by building a strong growth team and creating a mission and purpose driven culture.
If you want to become a part of this highly-motivated, diverse team, please send us your CV! Please also add 3-5 sentences telling us why you are THE perfect fit. We are looking forward to hearing from you!|||Tokyo|||||||||BkdSsPh2Vz.7qcu7|||FULL_TIME|||JPY|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false