Creative Director (Marketing) - Kaiser Kitchen Beer K.K. APPLY NOW
Our vision is to be the Nr. 5 beer company in Japan by 2030. Our mission is crafting millions of friendships.
Founded in 2014, SCHMATZ grew to 40 stores until today and will expand to 100+ stores until 2025. After serving >1 million guests annually with our delicious beer in our stores, we are now embarking on a new journey: Launching our beer as a FMCG both DTC (digital) and in retail. In this endeavor, growth is our north star. We aim to expand rapidly by building a strong growth team and creating a mission and purpose driven culture. Our goal is to become Japan’s fastest growing DTC business in the next 24 months with the aim to become the 5th largest beer in Japan by 2030. We want to achieve our goals by forming a happy and motivated team of high-performers who are excited to participate in building a consumer brand around what we believe matters: building friendships and creating happiness.
Within the next year, we aim to sell our beer in more than 100 on and off trade locations that maximize our brand equity. In the following year, we aim to sell it in major retailers to drive sales. Our goal is to create a strong and great brand that can be expanded throughout Japan and become a beer company that is loved by everyone in Japan.
As the Creative Director for Schmatz Beer you will create a strong & awesome brand ready to grow in Japan and all over Asia. Your role will be vital to the success of the business.
What you will do:
- Work directly with the head of the beer team and the founding team of Schmatz.
- Create the graphic designs of all marketing efforts of the business as well as all creative direction of the company together with the (Online) Marketing Manager.
- Design and produce visual marketing materials including but not limited to brochures, flyers, boards, proposals, new business presentations, invitations, websites, infographics and maps
- Support promoting and developing the brand of the business and enhancing the customers’ online experience.
- Ideate, execute and analyze a multitude of campaigns across online channels.
- Play a significant role in making sure Schmatz becomes the #1 brand for quality beer in Japan.
- Be part of a team of high-powered professionals responsible for all marketing related projects that are essential to the success of the further growth of the company.
Who we are looking for:
- 2 or more years of work experience in one of the following industries: F&B, Retail, Hospitality, Technology, E-commerce
- Experience in the following are preferred: Adobe lnDesign, Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop, motion graphics and 3D capabilities.
- Fluent Japanese: verbal and written
- Familiarity with web trends and best practices for UX/UI design.
- Experience in digital signage systems and other print channels
- Experience in web development, creating sketches/wireframes, in-browser mockups and everything in-between are a plus.
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, Java are a plus.
- Creative skills including photography. Videography is a great plus.
- Experience in marketing of a multi-unit retail operation is a plus
- Understanding of performance marketing and ROI-based campaigns is a plus
- A team player with a fantastic can-do attitude and capable of working independently
- Proven experience in working efficiently and meeting strict deadlines
- Organized and able to work under tight deadlines
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- Strategic and critical thinking – you get both the smaller and bigger picture
- Strong passion for beer is a plus
Up for the challenge?
With the SCHMATZ beer brand we are aiming to expand rapidly by building a strong growth team and creating a mission and purpose driven culture.
If you want to become a part of this highly-motivated, diverse team, please send us your CV! Please also add 3-5 sentences telling us why you are THE perfect fit. We are looking forward to hearing from you!|||Tokyo|||||||||LxA0jzKt74Zx7Z9s|||FULL_TIME|||JPY|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false